“Believing that culture is the heart of the community, we provide guidance, support, and access to the arts.”
The PGAC has no standing committees. Rather each commissioner represents a specific function and can form an ad hoc committee as needed to fulfill that function. These functions include internal relations (with existing arts programs), community relations, city council liaison, leisure services, financial services and fund-raising, and policies and procedures.
As a trustee of the Pleasant Grove Arts Commission (PGAC), all commissioners legally must observe three duties:
Duty of Care. A commissioner must exercise a level of competence and reasonable care when acting as a steward of the PGAC.
Duty of Loyalty. A commissioner must give undivided allegiance when making decisions affecting the PGAC or its programs. Information cannot be used for personal gain, but be used in the best interest of the organization.
Duty of Obedience. A commissioner must be faithful to the PGAC mission, acting consistently with the central goals of the commission. (From The Legal Obligations of Nonprofit Boards: A Guidebook for Board Members NCNB, 1997.)
Additionally, commissioners are expected to fulfill the following responsibilities:
- Support the PGAC’s mission, objectives, and programs
- Periodically review and revise the PGAC’s objectives and policies
- Nominate members to the commission who can make significant contributions to its work or arts programs
- Serve actively on committees as requested by the chair
- Attend arts events sponsored by the PGAC whenever possible
- Prepare for and participate in all scheduled commission meetings and quarterly meetings with program representatives
- Support the majority decision on issues decided by the commission, and likewise support executive decisions made by the chair
- Maintain confidentiality of sensitive information and speak for the commission only when authorized
- Serve the commission as a whole rather than any special interest group or constituency, avoid conflicts of interest, and never accept favors from those who do business with the commission or city
- Prudently oversee financial expenditures, particularly the distribution of funds to arts programs
- Participate actively in any PGAC fund-raising events
Please fill out the following application and click submit to be considered for this position